Luxury hotel gutted by fire in Thane
A multi-storeyed luxury hotel was on Tuesday gutted by a major fire in Thane, fire officials said.india Updated: Oct 12, 2010 21:25 IST
A multi-storeyed luxury hotel was on Tuesday gutted by a major fire in Thane, fire officials said.
The hotel Vihang's Inn, owned by Shiv Sena legislator Pratap Sarnaik, in Ghodbunder road locality in the city, was completely destroyed in the fire, they said.
The incident occurred at around 1115 hours and more than a dozen fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the blaze which engulfed the ten-storeyed building, the officials said.
The fire, which started from the top floor, was brought under control after over an hour but by then the damage had been done.
According to initial reports, a short circuit was the cause of the fire, they said.
No casualties were reported as all those inside the building were evacuated, they said.
First Published: Oct 12, 2010 21:22 IST