Amisha Patel is back in the limelight. After a period of career stagnation, she scored a hit with
. Next out is the Yash Raj film
Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic
, directed by Kunal Kohli.
The film stars Rani Mukerjii and Saif Ali Khan in the lead roles.
All work, no play
A fantasy-cum-romance, TPTM has Amisha in a special appearance. Speaking from the Yash Raj studios in Mumbai, she says, “The film is about magic, four children and a fairy. There are crazy special effects.”
Amisha plays Malaika, an airhead. “My character is brainless, but she’s all heart.” The actress was initially doubtful that she could play the role.
“When Kunal narrated the character, I found it too much of a contrast — I have never been a giggly chick in my life. But Kunal was convinced that I could play it, and I just followed his directions.”
She is particularly excited about the song
, which was shot underwater.
“It’s one of the highlights of the film. A chunk of the song is shot underwater. It took 15 days. I learned scuba diving and the art of breathing underwater. It was quite strenuous because I had to keep slipping in and out of water. On top of that, we shot in January and I caught a cold and was down with fever. But when you see the song now, it looks so effortless.”
No time for love
It has been six months since Amisha’s four-year old relationship with Vikram Bhatt ended. Ever since, the actress, who used to talk freely about her private life, has put a media embargo on anything personal, including the new man in her life, Kanav Puri. “Please restrict this interview to
Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic
,” she says.
Besides TPTM, Amisha has a comedy with Govinda lined up. Explaining her current career policy, she says, “You take a decision to do one film at a time. It’s better to give yourself completely to one film than do a bad job in five at a time.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.
- Cold wave or 'severe’ cold wave conditions are also very likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and east Madhya Pradesh during the next two days