Man hurt as hanging electric wire entangles around neck
Hanging electric cables are posing a risk to the life of road users. It was a close shave for a 25-year-old man who fell prey to one such wire at Wazirabad in Sector 56.india Updated: Dec 29, 2011 01:26 IST
Hanging electric cables are posing a risk to the life of road users. It was a close shave for a 25-year-old man who fell prey to one such wire at Wazirabad in Sector 56.
A hanging electric cable got entangled around Inderjeet Kumar’s neck while he was passing through the stretch on his bike around 8.40pm on Tuesday.
He fell off the vehicle and sustained injuries on the head and neck. Kumar then tried to contact the police for help, but his calls at the PCR number went unanswered.
“Kumar came here with injuries this morning. Initially, I thought that he must have tried to commit suicide, but when he narrated the entire incident, I was shocked to know how the electricity department can be so callous,” said Dr Sindhu Nair of the Global Cancer Concern India Charitable Trust.
“It’s shameful that the police don’t respond when people need help,” he added.
“I was lucky as it was not a live wire. I come from Jharkhand and stay in a rented accommodation here. I am still under shock. Such wires should taken care of,” said Kumar.
Officials of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) denied responsibility towards the hanging wire. “None of our wires hang like this. It must have been hung by an individual,” said an official.
First Published: Dec 29, 2011 01:24 IST