Man leaps from US jet onto runway
A man bit another passenger before jumping onto the runway as the aircraft taxied for takeoff at the Florida airport.
A male passenger on a Continental Airlines jet forced open a door and leaped to the runway after struggling with the crew as the aircraft taxied for takeoff at a Fort Lauderdale, Florida airport, police have reported.
The man, identified as Troy Rigby, 28, bit another passenger as people on the jet tried to restrain him on Monday after he began banging on windows and cabin doors, shouting that he had to get off the flight, according to a report by the Broward County sheriff's office.
After the pilot depressurised the cabin, Rigby opened an exit door and jumped to the tarmac below, where police subdued him with electric shock-firing guns and took him into custody.
Rigby is being charged with criminal mischief and trespass, attacking a police office and resisting arrest, police said yesterday.
Police also discovered he faced an outstanding warrant for possession of marijuana.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.
- The research says the average compensation paid for human death in the country is ₹1,91,437, and the average compensation paid for injury is ₹6,185.