Minor girl succumbs to injuries | india | Hindustan Times
  • Tuesday, May 22, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
May 22, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Minor girl succumbs to injuries

THE THREE-and-a-half-year-old girl Muskan, who was seriously injured when she came into contact with live wires near Dadamia crossing on Sunday, died in a hospital here on Wednesday.

india Updated: Mar 23, 2006 00:09 IST

THE THREE-and-a-half-year-old girl Muskan, who was seriously injured when she came into contact with live wires near Dadamia crossing on Sunday, died in a hospital here on Wednesday.

Both Muskan and her seven-year-old brother Zahid suffered serious injuries while they were playing near an open cable box of a 400 KVA transformer. They were admitted to Bhargav hospital from where Zahid was discharged after the first aid but Muskan was undergoing treatment in the intensive care unit of the hospital.

But the girls’ family claimed that she died on Tuesday evening and accused the hospital doctors and the police of concealing the fact, fearing protest from the local residents.

Her family members also said that although they were told that the girl was recovering, she died on Wednesday.

Earlier on August 10, 2004, five persons, who came into contact with the live wires at Dadamai crossing where the transformer is located. The KESCo officials then had assured the residents of taking preventive measures, but no concrete step was taken to check the fault.

After the death of Muskan, her father Mohammed Zahir has decided to launch an agitation against the KESCo officials responsible for the accident. He has demanded immediate arrest of the Kesco officials responsible for the death of his daughter. General manager of Kesco MP Tripathi said, “As per the rules of Kesco, a compensation of Rs 20,000 will be given to the family members of the deceased.”

On the steps being taken to prevent such accidents in future, Tripathi said, “The area near the transformer will be cordoned off by iron grills to prevent direct contact of human beings with the wires.”