No sensation during sex!

I am a 36-year-old lady having sex with the same person for about a year. I recently realized that I do not feel any sensation during the act. I am really worried...

india Updated: May 23, 2006 11:01 IST


No sensation during sex!

I am a 36-year-old lady having sex with the same person for about a year. I recently realized that I do not have any sensation in my walls. I am really worried because I am not able to feel my partner or the intimacy I want. What do I do?


Unable to apprehend dad's condition

My father, who is 64-years-old, had a heart attack 20 days back. He is diabetic and is a BP patient too. On the day of attack, he was feeling breathless so I took him to the hospital and he was admitted to the ICU. The cardiologist checked my father and various injections and tablets were given to him. His blood pressure was normal but sugar was on high side of 387 (random) after one-day sugar also became normal. After five days, he was discharged from hospital and cardiologist prescribed some nine medicines and he asked us to come after 10 days. When we went, he told us to continue these medicines: Clopitab A75, Atocor 20, Amifru, Nitrocontai 2.6, Cardace 1.25, Nephro Caps, Zinetac 150, Alzolam 0.5, Daonil 5mg. The doctor told me there is some blockage in my dad's heart and he specified one more medicine - Carvipress 3.125. His reports state as follows: 1. Coronary heart disease 2. Whole of interior septum and postero interior wall of left ventricle A kinetic 3. Left ventricular systolic Dysfunction Moderate (EF 40%). What does the report mean and how is my father's condition? I request you to please look into it and give me details of the above report in much simpler terms. My dad seems to be OK to some extent but sometimes he feels tired and weak. Doctor has advised us to stop giving fried food and salt that we are doing. Can you please recommend a specific diet and fruits that he should take?

Anup Kumar

You want to discuss your problems. Submit your question


Dilemma about sex drive

I am a 34-year-old married man. Till the age of about 30 years, I used to have good erections but of late I am not able to get erection and this is causing discord in my marital life. The above problem is indeed a minor one compared to my other problems. Even when I do have (or had erections earlier), I am never able to ejaculate. The only times I have been able to ejaculate is during nightfall/nocturnal emissions. While awake, I have never ejaculated except on a couple of occasions when I came under some pressure (entirely unrelated to sex like pressure to finish a task on time) and only once when I was about to have sex and I ejaculated prematurely. Since I have never experienced orgasm, I don't know what it is that is enjoyed in sex. Apparently, this has led to a decrease in my sex-drive and lack of erections since there is nothing special to look forward to as far as sex in concerned. The greatest wonder for me is that I am not even a person suffering with premature ejaculation. As I know a bit about the exercises, which help in treating premature ejaculation, I would have tried them but my problem is not this. Why do I get emissions in night but not when I am awake? This is the greatest mystery for me. To me, it seems that my problem is more psychological than physiological. Please guide.


Reply From Dr. Prem Lata Chawla:
You don't seem to be in need of any response as you know so much about sex after having read about it and experimenting with willing females. You can however see an Urologist for your problem of delayed or untimely ejaculations. Some nicks and cuts preferably without anesthesia from a surgeon's knife are of great help.


Sexual disability is disturbing

I am 58-years-old old. Three years ago, I had canal stenosis that happened to me all a sudden. I underwent surgery a month after the incident. Now, after three years, I am suffering from:(a) Drop feet (b) No feeling in some areas (c) Shrinking penis (d) Erection is very mild and dies away instantly (e) Very quick orgasm even without erection. What do I do?


Reply From Dr. Prem Lata Chawla:
Your sexual problem is the direct result of spinal canal stenosis. Learn to live with it as you are managing life with feet drop and no feeling in certain parts.


First Published: May 23, 2006 11:01 IST