President declares open Jalgaon sports complex
President Pratibha Patil on Saturday visited the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Sport Complex and supervised the facilities available in Jalgaon for the sportsmen.
The complex, which was declared open by Patil and constructed by the district sport complex committee has a eight-lane 400 metre track, turf grounds for football and hockey, an international level badminton court, modern health club, table tennis court, swimming tank, hostel for players, and sitting arrangement for 10,000 spectators.
It is built at a cost of Rs 10.50 crore, of which four crore has been made available by the state government.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, Dr Devisingh Shekhavat, his son Rajendrasingh, MLA Sureshdada Jain, industrialist Bhavarlal Jain, Mayor Tanuja Tadvi, sport-complex officer Sanjeev Kulkarni were present on the occasion.
Office bearers of various sport-teams and students of different schools were present during her visit.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.