SRK-Hrithik's power combo is Krazzy 4's USP
His directorial debut, Krazzy 4 is a laughriot toplining four funny men, Irrfan Khan, Arshad Warsi, Suresh Menon and Rajpal Yadav, and the Queen of Comedy, Juhi Chawla.
It also boasts of the star power of Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan who've been roped in for the same item number. While Khan's act will be a part of the story, Roshan Jr.'s will be used as a promotional video to introduce the four protagonists who are loonies on the loose.
"Hrithik was always a part of the song since Krazzy 4 is as much his film as Rakeshji's. But getting Shah Rukh thanks to Rakeshji's long association with him made it a double whammy. Once we'd confirmed both the superstars we thought that rather than have them shoot for two separate songs as is usual, we could get them together for the same audio track with slight variations in the lyrics," explains director Jaideep Sen.
He's already had an ‘awesome' four-day shoot with Khan in January, and plans to shoot with Hrithik this month.
Sen admits with a laugh that he has several friends who are wacky, but he's never had to deal with four crazies at the same time. While Warsi, Yadav and Menon were the obvious choices for the leads, Sen admits he approached Irrfan to play a negative role "but he wanted to be one of the guys."
Chawla was also sounded out by Roshan.
"Half-way through the narration she smiled at me and said, ‘I'm on, you just make a good film,'" recalls Sen.
Now for thrills
The concept, he admits frankly, was Rakesh Roshan's. "It's been with him for a while. He sounded me out during Krrish 2 and once Rakeshji makes even a slight commitment he honours it. It's taken me 17 years to get here but I'm not complaining," says Sen.
He says that he would love to make another film for Filmkraft but the next production will be directed by Anurag Basu. So, Sen has moved to Percept Picture Company for his second venture.
"Suresh Menon recommended me to Shailendra Singh. I'm committed to Percept for one film," he informs. "I wouldn't want to do another light film.. may be a thriller now."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.
- BJP MLAs supported the bill and called it a gift for women on the occasion of Women’s Day
- The technology requires telecoms companies to scrub messages to verify if the text being sent has been approved and it is only being sent to someone who has consented to receive such a message.
- Throughout the day, women protesters organised marches at the sites while wearing yellow, green scarves
- Responding to HT on Monday, CPWD denied all allegations that the waste from the Central Vista construction site was being dumped on the floodplains.
- Two women officers each have been assigned duties aboard INS Vikramaditya and INS Shakti.
- The fire had broken out at the 13th floor of the Eastern Railway’s office in the evening.
- The apex court framed this as one among the several questions to be decided while considering the constitutional validity of a 2018 Maharashtra law.