Textile factory gutted, no casualty
A major fire broke out at a textile factory in Khandsa village, Sector 34 on Tuesday afternoon, reducing the three floors of the building to ashes. However, no casualty was reported. Sunil Thapliyal reports.india Updated: Apr 11, 2012 00:28 IST
A major fire broke out at a textile factory in Khandsa village, Sector 34 on Tuesday afternoon, reducing the three floors of the building to ashes. However, no casualty was reported.
The incident took place around 1.40pm in the factory godown where textile materials were stored. According to sources, goods worth crores of rupees were damaged in the mishap.
Around 250 labourers were working inside the factory when the incident took place.
According to a fire official, five workers were trapped inside the building, who were rescued later. None of them were injured, the official said.
More than 30 fire tenders from all the three fire stations in the city were rushed to the spot. They were busy controlling the situation till 9pm. A fire official said it would take another two hours to extinguish the flames.
“Fire tenders were rushed to the spot after we received a call at 1.50pm. No casualty has been reported,” said MS Bhardwaj, assistant regional fire officer. “Our priority is to prevent the fire from spreading to other factories in the area. Around 30 fire tenders reached the spot,” he said.
The authorities have asked for more fire tenders from Delhi and Faridabad.
Though the exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained, fire officials said the reason could be short-circuit in the store. Further investigations are on.
First Published: Apr 11, 2012 00:27 IST