The Maoists of Nepal
The Communist Party of Nepal (CPN-Maoist) is a Maoist political party and military organisation founded in 1994. It is led by Pushpa Kamal Dahal also known as Prachanda.
The Maoists, who follow the guerrilla strategy of "People's War", control large regions of rural Nepal where people do not comply with the government.
While the Maoists claim that they want to overthrow the oppressive monarchy and are fighting for the rights of common people, critics say that they have contributed to several extra judicial killings and human rights violations.
Some of the major Communist leaders of Nepal are:
Pushpa Lal Shestra
Tulsi Lal Amatya
Keshar Jung Rayamjhi
Mohan Bikram Singh
Madan Kumar Bhandari
Madhav Kumar Nepal
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- TMC’s leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O, Brien asked the Election Commission to stop the Prime Minister "from taking unfair advantages and undue publicity at tax payer’s cost during the conduct of elections".
- Ghulam Nabi Azad detractors and supporters in the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Committee accused each other of acting at the behest of the BJP.
- Jailed Assam leader urges parties to put up common candidates against BJP
- The capacity of major ports which was around 870 million tonnes per annum in 2014 has increased to around 1550 million tonnes per annum now, the Prime Minister said.
- Party leaders fear that dissension may heighten in the coming days-- posters and notices have started appearing at many places against probable candidates.
- The opposition Congress accused the government of "high handedness" against the protestors especially women while drawing parallels with British rule and calling it "General Dyer's government".
- “We'll send teams to poll-bound states - to West Bengal and Kerala. We will not support any party but appeal to people to vote for the candidates who can defeat BJP.", said BKU leader Balbir S Rajewal