Veteran composer Sardar Malik dead
Veteran music director Sardar Malik passed away after prolonged illness at a city hospital, family sources said today.
Malik, who was 81, was not keeping well for the past one year and died late last night, the sources said.
Recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke award, Malik is survived by wife Bilkis and three sons, namely Anu Malik, Abu Malik and Dabu Malik. Anu Malik is one of the leading music directors in Bollywood.
The last rites took place this morning.
Malik, who was born in Kapurthala, came to Mumbai in the 40s, and composed music for the movies Aulad, Thokar, MaharaniPadmini, Saranga and Bachpan, among others.
He had over 600 songs to his credit as a music director.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.