Window boxes enhance the chi
According to Feng Shui, the environmental chi enters your home through the doors and windows.india Updated: Jul 28, 2012 01:19 IST
According to Feng Shui, the environmental chi enters your home through the doors and windows. Skylights greatly increase this flow, creating a greater exposure to the mentally and spiritually stimulating chi from the cosmos. This in turn increases the vertical flow of chi, helping you feel more intellectually independent.
The direction of your doors and windows from the center will define which kind of chi readily enters your home. The larger the door or window, the more chi will be encouraged to flow in and out of the entrance. Windows that are left bare permit the greatest flow of chi. Full, heavy curtains, even when drawn back, slow down chi.
Window boxes are an excellent way to bring natural, colorful chi close to your home as they enhance the chi entering through its windows. This is a great asset if you live in an apartment building in a city, where you are fairly removed from nature. You can choose the colours of the flowers according to the kind of chi energy you wish to increase and the direction that the front of your home faces. Stronger colours bring in more stimulating yang chi, while pale colours generate more peaceful yin chi.
What to do
The direction from the center of your home in which you intend to fix your window box will help you decide which material to use. Place your eight-directions transparency over the center of your floor plan and align it with north, so that you can see in which direction the appreciate window lies.
1. A metal window box is best in the south-west, north-east, west, north-west or north.
2. A wooden window is best in the north, east, south-east or south.
3. An earthenware window box is best in the south, south-west, north-east, west or north-west.
4. Avoid using plastic window boxes, as they can disrupt the flow of energy.
Calculate the effect...
1. Place your transparency over the center of your floor plan and correctly align it with north.
2. Make a note of the positions of the doors and windows, in terms of which segment of the transparency they lie in.
3. Look up on the transparency the kind of chi that a door or window in that position will bring.
4. If you have a choice of entrances, use the one that brings in more of the chi that’ll most help you.
5. Hang a wind chime so that it rings each time you open the door, so that you encourage beneficial chi to spread out and penetrate most of your home.
First Published: Jul 27, 2012 17:59 IST