Wipro bags 10-yr deal from DIAL to provide IT services for IGI
IT major Wipro on Thursday said it has entered into a 10-year IT outsourcing agreement with Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) for providing IT infrastructure and services for IGI Airport in New Delhi.india Updated: Oct 22, 2009 19:33 IST
IT major Wipro on Thursday said it has entered into a 10-year IT outsourcing agreement with Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) for providing IT infrastructure and services for IGI Airport in New Delhi.
As part of the agreement, both the companies will form a joint venture (JV), to be named as Wipro Airport IT Services Ltd, with Wipro holding 74 per cent stake in the JV and DIAL the remaining 26 per cent stake, Wipro said in a statement.
The JV would be the innovation partner for DIAL and focus on emerging business models and technologies for airports as well as build competencies in airport specific applications, it added.
DIAL is a joint venture, comprising infrastructure major GMR Group, Airports Authority of India, Fraport and Malaysian Airports.
As per the agreement, Wipro would be responsible for end-to-end IT management in the IGI airport's new integrated terminal (T3), which will be one of the largest terminals in the world, for 10 years.
"We are delighted to have a strong partner like Wipro with proven capabilities in delivering superior business value as our partner in realising that vision for us," GMR Group Chairman (Airports) Kiran Kumar Grandhi said.
Wipro Joint CEO and member of the board Suresh Vaswani said, "This partnership will create new industry standards in modern airport management based on world class IT and business processes powered by innovation."