Workers die after inhaling lethal gas | india | Hindustan Times
  • Thursday, Jul 19, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 19, 2018-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Workers die after inhaling lethal gas

TWO SANITARY workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank in Gadve Ki Goth, Madhavganj here on Thursday. They were taken out from the septic tank and sent to hospital for treatment but were declared brought dead.

india Updated: Feb 10, 2006 13:23 IST

TWO SANITARY workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank in Gadve Ki Goth, Madhavganj here on Thursday. They were taken out from the septic tank and sent to hospital for treatment but were declared brought dead.

According to the information two sweepers Deepu and Veeru Balmik, residing near Shitole Sahab Ka Bada, went to Maharudra Mandal to clean the septic tank. The tank was filled to the brim.

The sweepers began to clean the tank after removing its cover. After sometime one of the sweepers entered the chamber, but was suffocated after inhaling lethal gas. The other sweeper jumped into the chamber to rescue his companion but he also died after inhaling the gas.

On receiving information the police and fire brigade personnel arrived on the spot and extricated the sweepers from the gutter. They were rushed do the hospital but died before they could be provided any treatment. In another mishap a milk vendor was run over by a train while trying to cross the railway tracks near the Rairu Railway Station.

According to information the deceased Madan Kushwah (18), belonging to Rudrapura village, was going to sell milk on his bicycle. On the way there was railway line and the gate of the crossing was closed on account of the arrival of the train.

But Madan, who was apparently in a hurry, began to cross railway line. He was run over when the train arrived earlier then he had anticipated.