67 fall ill after food poisoning in Madhya Pradesh
As many 67 persons including the bridegroom, 12 kids and 15 women suffered food poisoning after they had dinner in a wedding reception in Khargone. The reception was attended by Khargone district collector and his wife on Sunday night.indore Updated: Feb 24, 2015 00:42 IST
Sixty-seven people were taken ill due to food poisoning after having dinner at a wedding reception that was also attended by Khargone district collector and his wife on Sunday night.
The incident took place at Seeta Mangal Marriage Garden where the wedding of the superintendent of Khargone collector's office, Rajendra Gupta's son Sourabh, was arranged.
Several officials, including district collector Neeraj Dubey and his family, attended the event. Around 2am on Monday, the guests started vomiting and complained of loose motion. They were immediately taken to the district hospital for check-up.
All the 67 guests were admitted to the hospital, chief medical and health officer (CMHO) Viraj Bhalke said. Those who fell ill included the bridegroom, 12 children and 15 women.
A medical team, which examined them, diagnosed that the cause of vomiting was food poisoning.
The CMHO said the guests were brought to the hospital after they complained of vomiting and loose motion.
"It was a clear case of food pinioning. The condition of the patients is now stable and they were discharged on Monday morning," the CMHO said.
First Published: Feb 23, 2015 19:24 IST