Three students fall sick after eating laddoos at school in Indore
Three students were admitted to MY Hospital on Monday morning after they fell sick after eating laddoos served at school. They complained of uneasiness and vomiting soon after eating the laddoos.indore Updated: Sep 01, 2014 18:07 IST
Three students were admitted to MY Hospital on Monday morning after they fell ill after eating laddoos served at school.
The students—Prachi Chopra, Neha Kushwaha and Yogita Tawar—of Government Higher Secondary School, Malviya Nagar complained of uneasiness and vomiting soon after eating the laddoos.
The students were rushed to the hospital and were admitted to intensive care unit. The condition of all the three students is stable and tests are being carried out to find out the reason which could have led to food poisoning. However, even as the students were undergoing tests at the hospital, a peculiar situation arose with parents and teachers locking horns over the issue.
The parents alleged that the health of the girls deteriorated soon after they consumed the laddoo served as 'prasad' in the recess. The teachers present there were not ready to accept the allegation and said the food poisoning might have occurred due to over consumption of tobacco. "The girls might have eaten tobacco. Last week we caught some girl students at the school chewing tobacco," said Anita Dev, headmistress of the school while trying to pacify the agitated parents who had assembled at the hospital.
However, the parents have a different story to tell. "My daughter is not involved in these kind of activities. They were served stale 'prasad' which led to infection. Now, they are coming up with all sorts of excuses to hide the matter," said Prachi's mother Hema Chopra.
While their statements have been recorded and an investigation might follow, Dr Mohit, who was on duty, said, "It is difficult to determine the reason of food poisoning. Once the results of all tests come out, only then one can detect the cause of vomiting."
First Published: Sep 01, 2014 18:04 IST