Salman fans create chaos in Jaipur
The Jaipur Marathon, in which people of all ages decided to run for their city to make it truly world class, turned ugly on Sunday when police resorted to lathicharge in a bid to disperse the fans of actor Salman Khan, who flagged off the event.
“The incident happened early in the morning at the start of the event. When Salman Khan left the place after flagging off the event, his fans went out of control and started throwing chairs and water bottles at the police.
“Seeing the situation turning out of control, police were left with no option but to lathicharge,” a police official said.
“The fans were angry as Salman did not take part in the marathon. They wanted him to run with them, but seeing the behaviour of the crowd and because of security reasons, the administration decided against it,” the official said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Twenty-five-year-old Vasundhara Chauhan averted goons' attempt to free their accomplice.
- A 17-year-old girl has told the Kota police that she was repeatedly raped by strangers during the eight days that she was confined in the adjoining district of Jhalawar.
- People in large numbers turned out to wish Raje on her birthday.
- A woman was raped by a police officer of the Kherli police station after she went there to file a case against her husband.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- An official said the video was recorded by a local resident who did not wish to be identified.
- Rajasthan BJP chief launched a programme against the state government, experts see factionalism in the party.
- Additional commissioner, excise policy, CR Dewasi, told that the e-auction for the wine shops started three days ago whereby.
- Two state government officials were arrested for taking a bribe of ₹four lakhs and Naresh Singhal, owner of Paras Travel Agency, was arrested for giving the bribe.