Swachh Survekshan: Jaipur among 40 cleanest cities in country
Jaipur has improved significantly to be among the top 40 cleanest cities in the country.
According to the Swachh Survekshan-2018 report, which was released by union minister for housing and urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri in Indore on Saturday, Jaipur’s rank rose from last year’s dismal 215 to 40.
The pink city also bagged the award for ‘fastest mover state capital’ in the country. Udaipur, another city from Rajasthan, bagged 85th rank in the survey.
The survey, conducted between January 4 and March 10, 2018, assessed 4,203 cities in the country on various parameters of cleanliness. Jaipur secured 2,971 points, while Udaipur got 2,623 points.
“We are happy with the improvement. The next target is to be among top three cleanest cities in India. We will work hard and also have special plans for that,” said Jaipur Municipal Corporation (JMC) commissioner Ravi Jain.
He said the waste to energy plant will be functional in the city by this year, which will give relief from the problem of garbage disposal. Besides, the JMC will start a pilot project in some wards focusing on waste segregation, he added.
The corporation will also launch a public awareness campaign focusing on behavioural change among people to be conscious about cleanliness, he further added.
Jaipur mayor Ashok Lahoti and JMC commissioner Ravi Jain received the award for becoming the ‘fastest mover state capital’ of India from Puri.
In the assessment of making the city open defecation free (ODF), weightage for treatment and processing of solid waste in Jaipur also increased in this year’s survey.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A woman was raped by a police officer of the Kherli police station after she went there to file a case against her husband.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- An official said the video was recorded by a local resident who did not wish to be identified.
- Rajasthan BJP chief launched a programme against the state government, experts see factionalism in the party.
- Additional commissioner, excise policy, CR Dewasi, told that the e-auction for the wine shops started three days ago whereby.
- Two state government officials were arrested for taking a bribe of ₹four lakhs and Naresh Singhal, owner of Paras Travel Agency, was arrested for giving the bribe.
- The brother of the man stuck in Kuwait, said the employer even used to beat his brother and threaten not to let him ever return to India.
- Several experts said that full-scale resumption of economic activity, near full people movement and laxity in compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour are reasons behind the recent spurt in cases.