Fish plates were removed: WB Police
Fish plates were found removed at the spot where the Mumbai-bound Gyaneswari express derailed early Friday morning leaving 20 people killed, a senior police official said.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) Surojit Karpurokayastha said that according to preliminary investigation, fish plates were found removed at the derailment site.
Earlier, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee said the derailment took place after a blast.
Twenty people were killed and 104 injured after the train derailed and was hit by a goods train.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The sharing of the remaining 217 seats will be concluded by January 31, said Pradip Bhattacharya, senior Congress leader.
- Reacting to Banerjee’s statement, the BJP said it was a diversionary tactic on the eve of the assembly polls due in March-April.
- The police have started a manhunt for the person who was funding the operation.
- “I am grateful to the prime minister that this event is being held in Kolkata. But you have no right to invite someone to a government programme and insult that person," she said.
- PM Modi was escorted inside Netaji Bhawan by Netaji's grandnephews Sugata Bose and Sumantra Bose.
- The central government is celebrating Bose’s birthday as Parakram Diwas - the day of valour.