Masaba Gupta shares her homemade hack for skin brightening and awakening | Watch
- Watch: Masaba Gupta spills the beans on her homemade skincare routine that she follows ‘first thing in the morning’ for skin brightening and awakening. Read benefits of the beauty tip inside
Famous for her stellar costume designs and tagged as ‘Queen of Prints’, Indo-Caribbean fashion designer Masaba Gupta connects with social media fans on a personal level as she regularly updates them about her diet plans, workout routines and even health concerns regarding Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Recently, the diva spilled the beans on her homemade skincare routine that she follows “first thing in the morning” for skin brightening and awakening and we are completely rooting for it.
Taking to her Instagram handle, Masaba shared a reels video that took one through the steps of her super simple homemade hack. She shared in the caption, “My skin brightening & awakening homemade hack! I rub the ice cube on my face first thing in the morning (sic).”
However, the Masaba Masaba star cautioned, “P.s - All my homemade hacks are things that work personally for me - please be careful & maybe do a patch test if you plan to use them (sic).”
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Grate a cucumber into a puree and mix it with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Settle the mix into an ice tray and freeze. Apply the ice cubes on your face.
Apart from providing a base for hydration,cucumber keeps blemishes and freckles at bay, if applied to the face daily, courtesy its excellent anti-inflammatory properties. It soothes the skin and irritation, gives the skin a glow, reduces swelling and puffiness and even helps in combating premature aging.
As for lemon juice, it works on acne treatment courtesy its antibacterial and antifungal properties and aides in skin or hair lightening. Appling it on the face removes blackheads, acts as a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin cells, is a great oil-eliminator and helps in lightening the dark spots as it is loaded with Vitamin C.
However, lemons are cause skin irritations, dryness and sun damage since they are highly acidic and should be applied only after doing a patch test on a small area of your skin especially if one has sensitive skin.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.