This month's Paris Fashion Week goes totally digital
Ending the confusion over the fate of Paris Fashion Week, French fashion's regulatory body has said that this month's Paris men’s and haute couture shows will be strictly audience-free over coronavirus fears.
The Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode has told luxury houses they won't be allowed to invite guests this season, after instruction by police.
In a statement to The Associated Press, the federation said Monday that “we confirm that there can be no public gatherings” at Paris Fashion Week, adding that “houses can still organize ‘real’ runway shows with models broadcast live, provided that their events take place behind closed doors.”
Although Paris is technically not in a lockdown, stringent restrictions limiting movements are in place nationwide, including a 6 p.m. or 8 p.m. curfew. Repeated failure to obey rules can lead to a six-month prison sentence.
France’s second lockdown ended December 15, but restaurants, bars, cinemas, theaters and museums remain shuttered.
In respect to Milan Fashion Week, despite the best efforts of the Italian fashion council to maintain a minimum level of live shows, top brands have also opted to show their collections with no guests, journalists or photographers present.
The Lombardy region, where Milan is located, appears headed to another partial lockdown.
Fendi, Dolce&Gabbana and Etro all have said their shows won't include guests. They were among four brands planning live shows this round. Representatives for K-way, the maker of high-end outdoor clothing that is scheduled to show, didn't respond to requests for comment.
The Milan Fashion Week calendar from January 15-19 is much scaled back from usual, with just 40 brands participating.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired
- Looking for an impactful yet comfortable occasion wear? Check out Kajol’s luxe boho look in Netflix release Tribhanga, donning a multicoloured chiffon cape with sleeves, to channel the modern global woman vibe while staying true to the heritage
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared her quick and easy to do makeup look that she sticks to for all the video calls. The actor is currently extremely busy promoting her upcoming film and her autobiography, online.
- Nora Fatehi recently shared a beautiful black and white image of herself looking like a dream in a pearl bustier designed for her by the duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- Malaika Arora has been telling us the correct way to rock a comfy outfit with panache for the longest time now and her latest pictures that are from an impromptu shoot in her balcony featuring a maxi dress are giving us all the inspiration that we need.
- Sara Ali Khan is currently soaking in the sun and enjoying delicious meals with her family in the Maldives. The actor is also serving us some major beachwear goals with her pictures.