Drink aloe vera juice on empty stomach for these benefits
Drinking aloe vera juice on empty stomach is an effective way to lose weight, improve absorption of nutrients in your body and ease bowel function.
Aloe vera, an ancient medicinal plant, is rapidly gaining popularity across the globe for its therapeutic properties, but it has been around for centuries and used for medicinal purposes in several cultures. Egyptian queens Nefertiti and Cleopatra used it for their beauty regimen and it was also used to treat wounds of soldiers in earlier times. (Also read: 4 simple hacks for permanent weight loss revealed by nutritionist)
Aloe vera is loaded with vitamin, minerals, enzymes, saponins and amino acids. It is a storehouse of vitamin A, C, E, folic acid, choline and has several digestive, skincare, dental health benefits. It also has calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc.
Health experts say drinking aloe vera juice on empty stomach is an effective way to lose weight, improve absorption of nutrients in your body and ease bowel function. Aloe vera juice can also help to maintain dental health.
Nutritionist Azera Khan in her recent Instagram post shares how to make aloe vera juice at home:
How to make aloe vera juice
* Peel out fresh aloe vera from the plant
* Mix it with water and blend
* Pour out and add lemon
* Drink on an empty stomach
Health benefits of aloe vera juice
Khan also explains health benefits of having this amazing juice every morning.
* Aloe vera juice contains polyphenols, which are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants have been shown to have several health benefits, but specific research on aloe’s antioxidants and human health is lacking.
Aloe vera also has prebiotic compounds that help feed healthy bacteria in the gut and helps in the optimal functioning of the digestive system.
* Aloe vera juice may work as a laxative, though research on the safety of aloe vera products is lacking. Some research suggests aloe could have other benefits on digestive health, but more research is needed.
"It increases intestinal water content, stimulates mucus secretion and increases intestinal peristalsi," says an article published in PMC.
* Aloe vera juice and mouthwash may improve various dental and oral conditions thanks to their potential antibacterial properties. Still, more research is needed.
Known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera is useful in treating inflammation in gums or any other dental infection.
Aloe vera is also very helpful in managing diabetes as it helps improve blood sugar and insulin levels. It also cuts bad cholesterol and prevent against heart diseases.
- Aloe Vera