Fire breaks out in high-rise at Mumbai’s Nariman Point
Fire officials said it was a minor blaze that was doused quickly; no one is reported to have been injured.mumbai Updated: Jun 26, 2018 16:38 IST
Fire broke out on the second floor of Mittal Court in Nariman Point around 3pm on Tuesday.
Four fire tenders were sent immediately to the high-rise in south Mumbai. No one is reported to have been injured so far.
A fire official, who did not wish to be named, said: “It was a minor fire caused by a short circuit and was doused within minutes.”
This is the second fire in a high-rise in south Mumbai recently. Less than two weeks ago, on June 13, residents of BeauMonde building in Prabhadevi — actor Deepika Padukone lives in the complex — were evacuated after fire broke out in a flat on the 32nd floor. No residents were injured in the incident, though two firemen had to be hospitalised after inhaling too much smoke.
First Published: Jun 26, 2018 16:37 IST