Mumbai civic body issues ₹4,500 notice to Anil Kapoor for demolishing illegal extensions
Kapoor will have to pay up wages of BMC workers who demolished the portion of the building.mumbai Updated: Dec 11, 2017 01:08 IST
Actor Anil Kapoor has received a Rs4,500 notice from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in charges for demolishing illegal portions of his 2,500-square-foot office used by his production firm in Santacruz (West).
The firm, Anil Kapoor Films, in situated on the fifth floor of the six-storey commercial building on Dattatray Road in Hasmukh Nagar. The notice was issued by the H-West ward office.
Sharad Ughade, assistant commissioner of the H-West ward, said, “We have sent a notice to Anil Kapoor to pay up the charges.”
Hindustan Times tried contacting Kapoor, but he remained unavailable for a comment.
He will have to pay up wages of BMC workers employed to demolish the portion of the building. He is also being charged for the cost of equipment and government machinery.
Ughade said, “Every individual booked under the Maharashtra Regional Town Planning Act of is charged for the cost incurred by the civic body to carry out the action.”
Earlier in November, the BMC demolished unauthorised wooden partitions, which were used for internal cabinets, in Kapoor’s office.
The addition was in contravention to the approved plan of the six-storey commercial building.
First Published: Dec 11, 2017 01:08 IST