Fire rages for 5 hours at Dadar studio
A major fire broke out at the Shree Cine Sound Studio Compound situated in Dadar on Tuesday.mumbai Updated: Aug 25, 2010 01:52 IST
A major fire broke out at the Shree Cine Sound Studio Compound situated in Dadar on Tuesday.
According to the fire brigade officers, they received a call at around 4.45pm about the fire. They pressed more than 10 fire engines and 12 water tankers into action to control the fire. There were no injuries reported however the fire brigade officers took more than five hours to douse the fire.
The residents of the area blamed the fire officials for reaching the spot more than an hour after the fire broke, out even though they were located across the road.
“If the fire brigade would have reached on time, the fire could have been controlled before it burnt the entire structure,” said Mayur Kamble, a resident of Dadar.
After the incident, services like cable, electricity was cut off for several hours affecting the business of many commercial establishments in the locality. Several shops around the area were also closed down for precautionary measures.
A television reporter was injured in a scuffle that broke out after the locals beat him up, when he was talking to the Chief Fire Officer Sunil Tatkare.
“Initial investigations revealed that the fire broke out due to shock-circuit. However no casualties have been reported in the incident,” said Patil.
The godown, storing musical instruments and speakers, had been closed a few days ago. After the fire started spreading through the compound the locals were alerted and the area was evacuated.
First Published: Aug 25, 2010 01:51 IST