Maria Susairaj not to be a part of Bigg Boss 5
The channel airing 'Bigg Boss' has dismissed speculation that Maria Susairaj, who walked out of jail after serving more than three years for the Neeraj Grover murder case, might participate in the fifth season of the reality show.mumbai Updated: Jul 03, 2011 20:00 IST
The channel airing 'Bigg Boss' has dismissed speculation that Maria Susairaj, who walked out of jail after serving more than three years for the Neeraj Grover murder case, might participate in the fifth season of the reality show.
"There are numerous speculative stories on Maria Susairaj's participation in Bigg Boss 5. But we'd like to clarify that we have neither approached Maria nor will be doing so in future," said a spokesperson of Colors, which has aired four seasons of the show.
Speculations were rife that Susairaj, a Kannada actress, was likely to walk into the Bigg Boss house in the upcoming season.
Even filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has expressed his willingness to work with her.
Neither Susairaj, nor her lawyer Sharif Sheikh were available for comment.
On Saturday Susairaj had claimed here that she was innocent and the conviction was a "stigma" on her life.
"I know I am innocent and my God knows I am innocent," she had told a chaotic press conference marked by protests by a group of people led by filmmaker Ashok Pandit.
"I desperately sympathise (with Neeraj's family) losing somebody. The whole scenario is sad," she had said.
On Neeraj's family blaming her for the crime, she had said, "I don't want to say anything about him or his family."
On Thursday, former Navy officer Emile Jerome and his girlfriend Susairaj were awarded rigorous imprisonment of 10 years and three years respectively by a Mumbai court in the sensational murder of TV executive Neeraj Grover.
According to the prosecution, Jerome had gone to Maria's residence in suburban Malad on May 7, 2008 where he got into a fight with Grover (26) during which the naval officer stabbed him to death. Susairaj and Jerome later cut Grover's body into pieces and disposed it in Manor forest in Thane.
Both the accused had been charged by the prosecution with murder, criminal conspiracy, common intention and causing disappearance of evidence.
First Published: Jul 03, 2011 19:57 IST