Now, Palghar journalist’s account hacked
A 39-year-old journalist approached Palghar police on Friday alleging that his Facebook account had been hacked and objectionable updates about Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray had been posted; HT reports.mumbai Updated: Dec 01, 2012 01:12 IST
A 39-year-old journalist approached Palghar police on Friday alleging that his Facebook account had been hacked and objectionable updates about Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray had been posted.
The police have submitted the complaint to the cyber cell concerned, officials said.
The journalist, Mohammed Hussain Nabi Sarvar Khan, a resident of Palghar, had started a local newspaper a month ago. In his written complaint to the police, has alleged that the page of his publication on the networking site had been hacked and objectionable pictures of the Sena chief had been subsequently posted on it.
Khan said he was informed about this by a friend of his around 4.30pm on Thursday. When Khan logged into the account, he could not see the pictures. He then met his friend and saw the pictures using his friend's cellphone.
“There were about five to six images on the page and about seven to eight comments supporting them. I am not sure if my account was hacked or someone accessed it by other means or if they created a duplicate account," Khan said.
BY Jadhav, sub-inspector, Palghar police station, said, “Khan approached us with a written complaint and a CD of the images. We have sent them to the Thane cyber cell. A case will be registered based on their findings.”