PC, Bips: Hegde’s girls
In 2005, choreographer-turned-singer Ganesh Hegde got 18 friends from the film industry, including Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan, to endorse his debut album titled G. The pop singer went on to produce, direct and star in the music video, Main deewana…
In the five years since, Hegde has been busy choreographing songs for movies and judging reality shows on TV. But, now, he’s back with another album, untitled as of yet, that has 10 tracks handpicked from a bank of 25 that he’s scored and sung. “I’ve also given inputs for the lyrics, designed the look and choreographed the videos, which is why the album took its time,” he says. The first look for the Hindi-English twin album was unveiled on Michael Jackson’s birthday, August 29, as a tribute to the King of Pop.
The album will be launched during Diwali, though Hegde hasn’t locked on a date yet: “My first album was also released around the end of October, I believe the period is lucky for me.”
The video for the song, Girls, features two Bollywood beauties, Bipasha Basu and Priyanka Chopra. Quiz him on his choice of co-actors and he explains that the song is about how girls can drive you crazy. “Both Bipsaha and Priyanka epitomise all the qualities I’m raving about,” he says, adding that despite their star allure, both divas were very down-to-earth and easygoing on the sets. “I was with each of them for a day and shooting was a breeze.”
Hedge has got braided hairstyle and sparkly glove and Basu has fringe, gypsy hoops and zippered dress. “The fringe was Bipasha’s idea. She fell in love with the song instantly and wanted a look that was different from anything you’ve seen on screen before. She looks like a rock star!” he says. “Priyanka’s also in black, but her look is more Beyonce and her ‘attitude’ inherent to her is on show.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.