Bihar exam board announces dates for compartmental exams, scrutiny
Compartmental exams for intermediate students of Bihar boards to be held between July 3 and 13, while scrutiny of papers will commence from June 9.patna Updated: Jun 06, 2017 20:40 IST
In the wake of growing protests, Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Tuesday announced the dates for compartmental examinations and scrutiny of copies to allow a large number of intermediate students, who either failed in two subjects or were dissatisfied with their marks, a chance to improve their results.
- Failed inter students to take exams in two subjects for the first time
- Video conferencing with DMs and DEOs to facilitate the process
- Scrutiny fee reduced to Rs 70 from Rs 120, free in case of zero marking
- Examinee data not hacked, may have been accessed from cyber-cafes
- 13 FIRs against those seeking money, some arrests also made
- BSEB seeks info on checking of answer sheets by ineligible examiners
BSEB chairman Anand Kishor said, “Compartmental exams will be conducted between July 3 and 13, while scrutiny of papers will commence from June 9. Priority will be given to those who have appeared in competitive examinations and the process will be completed by June 30.”
“We have decided to constitute a three-member committee, headed by chief vigilance officer Sudhir Kumar, to review whether the practice of using home centres for practical examinations should continue. The committee has been asked to submit its recommendations in two weeks,” he added.
All such students, who had registered themselves for intermediate examinations, but could not fill their forms this time will also get an opportunity to appear in the exam. For them, it will be treated as ‘special examination’ and the results will be issued accordingly, he clarified, adding, “The window for online forms will be open from June 8 to 14.”