RJD will review its rout: Lalu
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday said that the party will review its rout in the October-November 2010 Bihar assembly polls where it won less then half the seats than it secured in 2005.
"The RJD will review its rout at a meeting of party workers and leaders here this week," Lalu Prasad said at a press conference.
He said that RJD will come out with cause of its worst rout in one and half decades. "Lets wait and watch, RJD will review it and share with media," he said.
The RJD won 22 seats and its ally, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) 3 seats, down from the 54 and the 11 seats respectively they held in the last assembly. On the other hand, the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) won 115 seats and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) 91 seats in the 243-member house in the polls held Oct 21-Nov 20, up from the 87 and 55 respectively they won in the 2005 elections.
Soon after the results Nov 24, Lalu Prasad said there was "some mystery" behind the JD-U-BJP landslide victory and many seats they won were from areas that were not strongholds of either the BJP or the JD-U.
"I am not accusing anyone, but there is some mystery in their victory... we will find it out," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Several schools will not reopen just yet; they are planning to conduct online examinations and commence regular classes for primary students from the next academic session.
- For persons with special ability, especially wheelchair bound ‘Divyaangs’, using the underpass is difficult as well as dangerous. Even normal people do not find most of the underpasses smooth and convenient, said an official.
- Baitha utilised the pandemic as an opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur and set up an LED bulb manufacturing unit in his village.
- A massive awareness program about the disease in the worst affected areas will also be launched.
- The advantage of the site at Dobhi is its proximity to the upcoming eastern freight dedicated corridor passing through Gaya and the Kolkata-Delhi national highway.
- Usually mercury above 30°C is recorded in March, but this year the mercury has exceeded the normal temperature in February-end itself, said a weather department official.
- Sanjeev was the 4 family member to be murdered in the last 20 years. His father Mahendra alias Gumti Mishra, uncle Chandrama Mishra and grandfather Pt Kamta Prasad Mishra, had all been shot dead in Parsathua market.
- Those who fail to turn up for vaccination after registration will have the option to re-register after cancelling the previous one.
- Kumar had earlier in his address referred to the Patna HC’s endeavour in 2006, soon after he took over the reins of the state, to help establish the rule of law by ensuring speedy trials so that wrongdoers could get punishment.
- In 2020, Patna scored 1552.11 out of 6,000 points with zero score in certification category.
- Rakesh Kumar Singh, former block pramukh told the IG that nothing had been done by the SHO to stop illegal activities in the village.