Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 20, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

First floor of restaurant in Swargate gutted; short circuit suspected

According to the police, a passer-by alerted the cops about smoke emanating from the first floor of Priya Restaurant and Bar around 7 am.

pune Updated: Oct 10, 2017 16:37 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times, Pune
fire,swargate,pune
Fire brigade team rushed to the spot and blaze took hours to be doused, according to officials. Prima facie, the fire is suspected to have been caused by a short circuit.(HT REPRESENTATIVE PHOTO)

One floor of a multi-storey restaurant in Swargate caught fire in the early hours of Monday morning.

No casualty was reported.

According to the police, a passer-by alerted the cops about smoke emanating from the first floor of Priya Restaurant and Bar around 7 am.

Fire brigade team rushed to the spot and blaze took hours to be doused, according to officials. Prima facie, the fire is suspected to have been caused by a short circuit. The restaurant is located opposite the age-old Lakshmi Narayan theater near Swargate bus stand.

First Published: Oct 10, 2017 16:35 IST