Two garment units gutted
A fire broke out at two garment units located in the same building at Sundar Nagar area in Ludhiana today morning.The loss was estimated at around Rs 20 lakh.punjab Updated: Apr 05, 2012 23:53 IST
A fire broke out at two garment units located in the same building at Sundar Nagar area here on Thursday morning.
Two fire tenders were pressed into service. It took about two hours to control the flames.
Owner of Tulsi International and its sister concern Mudit International Prasan Jain said the incident took place in the factory at 4am on Thursday. "As soon as the fire broke out, the watchman raised the alarm and called me. I immediately informed the fire brigade and rushed to the spot," he added.
The reason of the fire has not been ascertained yet, but the owner suspects short circuit.
"I incurred a loss of around Rs 20 lakh. All raw material, finished garments and machinery have been gutted," the factory owner said.
First Published: Apr 05, 2012 23:51 IST