Jharkhand cabinet approves compensation scheme for mob violence, lynching victims
The decision followed the recent Supreme Court directive to all states against the growing incident of lynching and mob violence, cabinet secretary SKG Rahate said.ranchi Updated: Aug 22, 2018 15:33 IST
Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday approved the compensation scheme for the victims of mob violence and lynching by amending the existing victims’ compensation scheme, 2016.
The decision came in the wake of the recent Supreme Court directive to all states against the growing incident of lynching and mob violence, cabinet secretary SKG Rahate said.
The cabinet also approved the mining department’s proposal of issuing prospecting licence in 279.609 hectare land of Pahardiha gold mine block in West Singhbhum district to Kolkata based Maithon Ispat Limited.
The company will have to deposit Rs 2.53 crore performance security against the prospecting licence, Rahate said.
- Acid attack victims: Rs 3 lakh
- Rape victims: Rs 3 lakh
- Physical molestation of child and minors: Rs 2 lakh
- Death resulting from violence: Rs 2 lakh
- Death in cross-firing or permanent disability: Rs 2 lakh
- Permanent disability (more than 80 per cent): Rs 2 lakh
- Partial disability (40 per cent to 80 per cent): Rs 1 lakh
- Limb loss or any loss of body part: Rs 50,000
- Rehabilitation of victims of human trafficking: Rs 1 lakh
- Affecting women’s fertility: Rs 1.5 lakh
- Physical assault (not rape): Rs 50,000
- Loss of foetus: Rs 50,000
Approval was given for the creation of 882 new posts in Gr-III and Gr-IV jobs for the upcoming medical colleges in Palamu, Hazaribag and Dumka.
Decks were also cleared for relaxing the state forest rule, 2014, to promote forest conservators and guards appointed before September 4, 2017.
First Published: Aug 22, 2018 15:31 IST