Kamal Haasan to work with daughters Shruti, Akshara in Sabaash Naidu
Kamal Haasan’s next film, a rib-tickler titled Sabaash Naidu, will see him working with daughters Shruti and Akshara for the first time. The Tamil star will reprise the role of the humorous Balram Naidu from his 2008 hit Dasavatharam for the film.
The film will see Kamal joining hands with well-known Malayalam filmmaker T K Rajeev Kumar after a period of over two decades, when the duo gave the critically acclaimed Chanakyan, a revenge saga.
While Shruti will play an important role in the film, Akshara has joined the team as an assistant director. “Akshara has joined the project and she will be assisting director Rajeev Kumar. This is the first time Kamal sir will be working both the daughters on the same project. Shruti Haasan will be playing his daughter in the film,” a source from the film’s unit said.
It is a trilingual film to be made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and went to the floors on Friday. The first look of the movie showed Haasan precariously perched on a bike with top Telugu comedian Brahmanandam on the pillion.
In the three versions in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu, the movie will have popular actors like Saurabh Shukla, Ramya Krishna, Farida Jalal and Brahmanandam, a press release said. Ace musician Ilayaraja will score the tunes while Kamal will handle the story and script. Shukla will pen the dialogues for the Hindi version, titled Sabash Kundu. The film will be extensively shot in the US.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Jayashree Ramaiah, former Bigg Boss contestant and actor, was found dead at her Bengaluru residence on Monday.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.