Mammootty comes to Mohanlal's support, says don't hound him
Sometimes, support comes from the most unexpected quarters. Like Mammootty coming forward to support Mohanlal.
They might be arch rivals as professionals, but ace superstar Mammootty sprang a surprise Wednesday when he came forward to defend superstar Mohanlal, who is facing a public outcry following the dismal performance of his band Lalisom at the 35th National Games.
Mammootty has asked for support from all to end haunting Mohanlal for the debut musical performance of his new band Lalisom.
At a hurriedly called press meet in Kochi, Mammootty urged all to support Mohanlal.
"An artiste takes a lot of pain in organising events. Mohanlal is our pride and please see the spirit with which he came forward to hold the event. One should see his good intentions," said Mammootty, and added that he has come forward as a colleague, as a friend and as an artiste, in support of Mohanlal.
Mammootty then, without waiting to take any questions, bid goodbye to mediapersons.
Mammootty's statement has come at a time when the Kerala cabinet is to take a call on Mohanlal's offer to return the money paid to him for staging the musical performance, said an official.
Mohanlal has offered to return the Rs 1.63 crores that he had collected as expenses for staging the event.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.