Mohanlal begins shooting for Malayalam film Aaraattu, see pics from set
Actor Mohanlal on Monday took to Twitter to announce that he has joined the shoot of his latest Malayalam film, Aaraattu, which is being directed by B Unnikrishnan. This project marks the fourth collaboration of Mohanlal and filmmaker Unnikrishnan.
Tipped to be an action-thriller, Aaraattu has a story by Udayakrishna, who had worked with Mohanlal in his runaway blockbuster, Pulimurugan. “Joined the sets of my new movie #Aaraattu. Directed by @Unnikrishnanb and written by Udayakrishna,” Mohanlal wrote.
The rest of the cast and crew is yet unknown. Mohanlal, as per reliable sources, will complete this project in a single schedule without any major breaks. Having recently completed shooting for Drishyam 2, Mohanlal has now shifted all focus on Aaraattu.
Meanwhile, Drishyam 2 marks the reunion of Mohanlal and filmmaker Jeethu Joseph. The duo recently joined hands for Malayalam thriller, Ram. The project, which also stars Trisha Krishnan as the leading lady, was officially launched last December. The makers of Ram even released a title poster when the project was announced.
However, Jeethu recently revealed he is going to put Ram on hold and finish working on another project in the interim. The new project turned out to be Drishyam 2, which will release next year.
Drishyam, the story of a father covering up a murder to save his family, was the first Malayalam film to gross over Rs 50 crore. The sequel will also star Meena, who played Mohanlal’s wife in the first part.
In a recent interview to Cinema Express, Jeethu Joseph revealed he made two changes to the script after revisiting it recently. He had opened up about the project while addressing students at a college.
“After completing the script, I gave it to some people to read. As per their suggestions, I made a few corrections, and then put the script aside to go and do other stuff. Later, I came back to it and took a second look at the script, and when one does that, one starts noticing some problems,” said Jeethu, adding, “I noticed that I had written a scene which required a crowd, and considering the current situation, it’s impossible to shoot that.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Eijaz Khan has said that going through financial difficulties wasn't the only reason that he did Bigg Boss 14; he also wanted to resurrect his career.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.