Parambrata Chatterjee to direct a sports film
Actor Parambrata Chatterjee of Kahaani fame says he always wanted to direct a sports-based film.
"Sports film is such an interesting assignment! A group of 14-15 people react to the team's fortunes. Sometimes they dream, sometimes they wallow in frustration and sometimes they celebrate, isn't it interesting?" Parambrata, who is currently shooting for his third directorial venture Larai, said.
The film stars Prosenjit Chatterjee whose performance Parambrata appreciated, specially his forbearance while shooting in the 48 degrees Celsius temperature in Purulia town.
Parambrata received rave reviews for his role in the film Apur Panchali, where he plays Subir Bandyopadhyay.
"Many of my colleagues said my character reminded them of Soumitra Chatterjee in Apur Sansar. But it is wrong to equate me with a legend like him," he said.
A film Parambrata is banking on is Hercules by Sudeshna Guho-Abhijit Roy where he is playing the character of Harkoilash (the Bengali pronunciation of Hercules), a man who gets bullied by almost everyone.
"Since I don't resemble such a personality in any way, I had to inhabit the mental zone of such a character, who was weak, vulnerable and yet one who springs back one day," he said.
Parambrata is also set to star in Srijit Chatterjee's Chatushkon.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.