Rana Daggubati takes Baahubali to Tokyo for Comic Con. See pics, videos
Rana Daggubati’s character Bhalladeva in the Baahubali series did not just catapult the actor to nationwide popularity, but also loyal fan following in Japan. The film ran successfully in Japan, following which a lot of fan art and merchandise of Baahubali became popular in the country. Recently, a manga series was also introduced with Baahubali characters playing lead. It is no surprise that Rana would then visit Japan, and especially for the Comic Con that is taking place is Tokyo.
Rana also signed the memorial board kept at the event in rememberence of Stan Lee, the late American comic genius and one of Marvel’s creative leaders who played a big part in the comic universe’s expansion.
Rana also signed some of the Baahubali merchandise that was at the comic con. Having dubbed for Thanos in the Telugu Avengers version, he also posed with Marvel’s biggest villain as well. There was a miniature of Stan Lee kept at the comic con, of which Rana clicked pictures.
On the work front, Rana will next be seen in NTR biopic Mahanayakudu, in which he will play the role of Chandrababu Naidu, the current chief minister of Andhra Pradesh. He was also expected to make his debut in Malayalam with a film based on the life of Travancore king Marthanda Varma. The actor will also be seen in Akshay Kumar’s Housefull 4.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.