Shooting of Chiranjeevi’s magnum opus Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy completed
Cinematographer Rathnavelu on Monday revealed that the shoot of actor Chiranjeevi starrer upcoming Telugu magnum opus Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy has been completed. He added that the film has shaped “extremely well”.
“Sye Raa shooting completed. Thanks to each and every member of the team for their hard work and cooperation. A memorable journey indeed. Movie has shaped out extremely well. Kick started the DI too,” Rathnavelu tweeted along with two pictures from the sets.
Directed by Surender Reddy, Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy will narrate the story of Kurnool-based freedom fighter Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. The film also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Anushka Shetty, Nayanthara, Tamannaah Bhatia, Sudeep, Vijay Sethupathi and Jagapathi Babu among others in important roles.
Being produced by Ram Charan on a whopping budget of Rs 150 crore, the film has music by Amit Trivedi. Originally, AR Rahman was signed for the project but he opted out citing lack of time due to other commitments.
Amitabh Bachchan plays Chiranjeevi’s mentor in this magnum opus. Before joining the sets, Big B wrote on his blog that he’s thrilled to be part of this project. “Dear friend Chiranjeevi, that majestic super star and icon from the world of Andhra and Telugu cinema, requests for a guest appearance in his magnum opus, on a most valiant period character that he portrays, and I agree. So, am off to begin its shoot in Hyderabad in a few hours,” he wrote and shared his look from the film.
On signing the project, Chiranjeevi had said it was his long-time desire to play a historic character. “It has always been my dream to play Bhagat Singh. Despite being offered the role back then, I couldn’t play it for several reasons and it was later played by several of my counterparts. It was played by several actors across languages. I regret missing out on an opportunity to play the role because I don’t think anyone wants to make a film on him today,” Chiranjeevi said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Eijaz Khan, one of the top contenders to win Bigg Boss 14, walked out of the show earlier this week due to prior professional commitments. He hinted at his return in a video message.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.