SP Balasubrahmanyam off ventilator, doctors happy with progress, says sister
SP Sailaja has confirmed in a voice note that her brother SP Balasubrahmanyam (SPB) is on the road to recovery and he has been relieved of the ventilator support.
Last Friday, legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of MGM Healthcare, Chennai after his health condition deteriorated. He was admitted to the hospital on August 5 after he tested positive for the coronavirus.
In a voice note, she shared on Tuesday, she said: “He’s getting better with each passing day and the progress is evident. Doctors are very happy. He has been taken off the ventilator but he’s still being closely monitored. He’s also able to pass urine freely. I know that the whole world is praying for him and he’ll come out of this situation very soon.”
The news of SPB being hospitalized and battling for life sent shock waves across the nation. Several film personalities like Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Dhanush and Mahesh Babu among others wished for his speedy recovery.
Rajinikanth, who enjoys a long association with SPB, on Monday, shared a video in which he wished for the singer’s speedy recovery. “For over 50 years in many languages, SP Balasubrahmanyam has mesmerized audiences with his voice. I’m glad to know he is on the road to recovery after being hospitalized and becoming critical. I pray for his speedy recovery,” Rajinikanth said in a video message on Monday.
On Sunday, updating about his dad’s health condition, his son SP Charan said in a video message on Facebook, “Dad was shifted from the 3rd floor ICU to an exclusive ICU on the 6th floor. The pleasant news is there is some mobility. He is moving around a little bit and signed thumbs up to the doctors and is able to recognise them. He is still on life support, he is breathing a little more comfortably than a few days back. Doctors see it as a very good sign that he is on a road towards getting better. There is a lot of effort from the medical team and he will take a long time for recovery. But, we are all hopeful.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.