Superstar Prosenjit lends voice to Bengali Pujo album with Rituparna
Bengali film actor Prosenjit Chatterjee and his Praktan co-star Rituparna Sengupta have come together in a pujo album Gaan Parar Pujo.
Lending voice to an album of songs for the first time, Prosenjit has sung Aaj Addar Tale Tale as the lead singer with popular musicians Anindyo Chatterjee, his band member Upal and Praktan playback sensation Iman Chakroborty joining him in chorus.
“I am a bad singer but still they bear with me. Any praise for this album should be credited to Anindya and Upal and others. The lyrics are tinged with nostalgia of my childhood,” the actor said before the launch at a city hotel here on Thursday.
With Sengupta also lending her voice to a puja album for the first time, she has done the narratives for this album tying up the string of songs.
“Yes, you can say in a way we have come together again after Praktan in the same project,” Prosenjit said.
Upal, who has conceptualised the whole album, said the album has five parts.
“The album, being promoted digitally, is expected to build a strong Bengali connection beyond geographical boundaries,” Prosenjit said.
The peppy and melodius album also comprises songs of Rupankar Bagchi and National award winner Bengali hit Chotuskone sensation Lagnojita Chakroborty.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.