Confirmed: There’s no such thing as a ‘straight’ woman
This is one study that will turn every stereotype on its head. According to a new research, women are either bisexual or gay but ‘never straight’.
Experts from the Department of Psychology at the University of Essex found straight women were strongly aroused by both sexes, even though they said they were only interested in men. In contrast, lesbians showed far stronger responses to women and barely any when shown the men, according to a report in the Daily Mail.
The researchers said lesbians were the most like men in their responses because it is usually men who show distinct sexual responses to their favourite sex.
Researcher Gerulf Rieger said that even though the majority of women identify as straight, the research clearly demonstrates that when it comes to what turns them on, they are either bisexual or gay, but never straight. Rieger also said his study showed that lesbians who may dress in a more masculine way may not have more masculine behaviours.
The study showed a set of videos of naked men and women to 235 women and recorded their responses. According to the data, 82% of the women in the test group were aroused by both sexes, based on indicators such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli. Of the women who identified themselves as straight, 74% were strongly sexually aroused by videos of both attractive men and attractive women. In contrast, lesbians showed much stronger sexual responses to women than to men. “Even though the majority of women identify as straight, our research clearly demonstrates that when it comes to what turns them on, they are either bisexual or gay, but never straight,” Dr Riegler said. He noted that this shows that how women appear in public does not mean that we know anything about their sexual role preferences.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Even after 10 years of losing his mother Mona Shourie Kapoor, Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor continues to grieve her death like a fresh wound and recently shared a relatable post by a fan page that offers a heartwarming truth of grieving a loved one irrespective of the time. Read on
- Chrissy Teigen is remembering her son Jack on what would have been his due date. The model, in October 2020, had shared that she lost her third child due to complications in pregnancy and had posted heartbreaking images on social media.
- Princess Eugenie welcomed her first child with husband Jack Brooksbank on February 9 and she recently revealed that she has named her baby, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. The name is an ode to her grandfather Prince Philip, who is admitted in a hospital at the moment.
- The two mega stars, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have a prenuptial agreement in place, that is why, Southern California's celebrity divorce attorney Daniel Jaffe feels, "there won’t be any major property issues."
- Chris Evans surprises his pet dog, Dodger, after its hip replacement surgery by sewing up a nasty tear in its favourite stuffed toy lion and we can’t help but give the Captain America star a ‘Dog Parent of the Year’ trophy already
- Kim Kardashian, the famous reality TV star and beauty mogul, filed for divorce from her husband of six and a half years, Kanye West. Kardashian is now seeking joint custody of their four children.