Napoli's Fabian Ruiz tests positive for coronavirus
Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Serie A club announced on Saturday.
The Spanish midfielder will miss the league match against Fiorentina on Sunday as well as Wednesday’s Italian Super Cup final against Juventus.
“All the COVID-19 swab tests taken this morning by the squad group have come back negative with the exception of Fabian Ruiz,” read a Napoli statement.
“The Spanish player has tested positive and will observe a period of isolation at home."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- During the seven years of his presidency, the first team achieved two Champions Leagues, four league championships, a Copa del Rey, a Club World Cup, a European Super Cup, three Spanish Super Cups and three Spanish Cups.
- Karim Benzema, back in the Madrid squad after an injury layoff, scored in the 87th minute after Luis Suárez's early goal for Atlético at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium.
- Genoa remained seven points above the relegation zone after its second loss in three matches. It had only lost one of the previous 10 since Davide Ballardini replaced Rolando Maran as coach.
- Bayern Munich roared back from two goals down to beat Borussia Dortmund 4-2.
- Morata helped Juventus come from behind to beat Lazio 3-1 in Serie A.
- Messi helped Barca take the lead on the half-hour mark when he carved open Osasuna's defence with a superb cross-field ball to Alba, who controlled before blasting into the roof of the net.
- Daniel Amartey's 88th-minute header completed a comeback win for Leicester who stretched their unbeaten away run to 10 games.
- The draw also extended NorthEast unbeaten run this season to 11, with 10 of those coming under interim head coach Khalid Jamil. The 43-year-old Indian coach made three changes to the side that had won 2-0 against Kerala Blasters in their last league game of the campaign.