No decision yet on Rashford surgery, says Manchester United boss Solskjaer
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said the Premier League club had not yet decided if Marcus Rashford would undergo surgery for a shoulder injury.
The BBC reported last week Rashford was likely to miss the start of the season after deciding to have the operation, which would rule the 23-year-old out for around 12 weeks.
Rashford had struggled with the problem during the latter part of last season and had only a limited role with England during their run to the European Championship final.
Asked by reporters after Sunday's 2-1 friendly victory at Derby County if plans for Rashford had been confirmed, Solskjaer said: "No, we're looking at the best options.
"He went away just to reflect on it a little bit. We have to take the best course of action for him and the club. We're still addressing that with the experts."
Solskjaer also said midfielder Jesse Lingard, who impressed in a loan spell at West Ham United last season with nine goals and five assists, was keen to fight for his place at United.
"What he did last season, that's the true Jesse. We showed towards the end of the season that we lacked options at times and Jesse is in the plans at the moment," Solskjaer said.
United finished second last season, 12 points behind Manchester City.