Asha Negi on kissing for first time in Baarish 2: ‘I was awkward, very shy’
Asha Negi is back with the second season of her web show, Baarish 2. The actor plays a middle-class Marathi woman who gets married to a businessman, played by Sharman Joshi. Asha, who shot to fame as Purvi in the hit TV show Pavitra Rishta, is currently living alone during lockdown and it’s the domestic chores that bother her the most.
The actor spoke to Hindustan Times in a video interview about the show and life amid lockdown. Talking about working with Sharman again, the actor said, “Sharman is very sweet and calm, apart from the fact that he is so talented and such a great performer. We had a lot of fun shooting for the show. In the first season, we took time before we became friends. We were so comfortable in the second season that we had to put in efforts to become more awkward and shy on screen. But otherwise, it was a great time shooting with him.”
Asha is also seen kissing on screen for the first time and confessed it was an “awkward” experience for her. “I was very awkward and very shy while shooting for the kissing scene. When Ekta ma’am told me about it, I told her that I don’t really have a problem but I will be very awkward and shy on set, you will have to take care of that and make me do it. Director Nandita and Sharman were super supportive and they helped me throughout the scene to be more comfortable.”
Asha is currently staying all by herself during lockdown. On being asked about the challenges of her situation, she said, “The biggest challenge is cooking yourself and doing your dishes after eating. The cleaning process is difficult because the help is not coming anymore. Apart from that, you miss your family and meeting your friends.”
The actor also shared about bringing about a change in her lifestyle. “I have become more responsible and understanding that it’s about the simple things in life,” she said.
Asha is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Anurag Basu’s Ludo and revealed the makers were all set to unveil the trailer but it was delayed due to lockdown.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.