Cezanne Khan recalls when he and Shweta Tiwari ‘were not speaking at all’ during Kasautii Zindagii Kay
Cezanne Khan and Shweta Tiwari played one of the most popular on-screen couples - Anurag Basu and Prerna Sharma - but their real-life equation was anything but loving. Things got so bad between the two actors, who starred together in the original Kasautii Zindagii Kay, that they stopped talking to each other completely at one point.
The show, which aired from 2001 to 2008, featured Cezanne and Shweta as star-crossed lovers. He quit the show in 2007 after a generation leap as he did not want to play a grandfather on screen. He was replaced by Hiten Tejwani.
In an interview with The Times of India, Cezanne admitted to having problems with his Kasautii Zindagii Kay co-star. “True, there was a time when Shweta and I were not speaking at all. It’s okay, many actors don’t get along. Things happen in life but we being professionals continued doing our job with sincerity,” he said.
Cezanne, who became a household name with Kasautii Zindagii Kay, also acted in shows such as Ek Ladki Anjaani Si and Hum 2 Hain Na. He was last seen on the small screen in Seeta Aur Geeta, which aired in 2009.
Talking about his hiatus from the small screen, Cezanne said that he turned down reality shows as he did not want to be in the news for his personal life. He said that the other shows that he was offered did not excite him enough.
Asked how he has been managing his finances all these years, Cezanne said, “By God’s grace, money has not been an issue with me. I thank Ekta Kapoor for giving me Kasautii Zindagii Kay through which I made good money. I didn’t go on to squander it and I invested it properly, and I am probably reaping the benefits now.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.