Deepika wants Bhumi Pednekar to play Sandhya in Diya Aur Baati Hum movie
TV star Deepika Singh, who plays IPS officer Sandhya Rathi in the popular soap opera Diya Aur Baati Hum, says it would be interesting to see a film adaptation of the show and that she would love to play the role on the silver screen too.
“I would love to see a film adaptation of our show, if it happens. Also our production team should think about the film adaptation. I would love to play Sandhya again in a film. If the audience wants this film adaptation, then why not,” Deepika, who turned 27 on Tuesday, told IANS.
“If not me, I think Bhumi Pednekar should essay Sandhya’s part in the film. She’s a brilliant actress,” she said.
Diya Aur Baati Hum, which has been on air for almost five years now, has been appreciated by the audience for a long time now and the reason behind this, Deepika feels, is the “storyline and all the characters in the show”.
“Sandhya has become very popular as the ideal image. Also, we have shown how a husband supports and encourages his wife to become an IPS officer. The storyline inspires each and every housewife to do something or achieve success in their lives,” she said.
Deepika, who is married to the show’s former director Rohit Raj Goyal, says her character in Diya Aur Baati Hum has brought about changes in her personal life.
“This character has changed me completely. I have become more mature in terms of taking decisions. I was not a fitness freak but after playing Sandhya’s character, I have started taking my fitness regime seriously,” Deepika said.
“Now I am very much focused on my work and fitness. It has changed my attitude, looks, personality... completely,” she added.
Diya Aur Baati Hum, which is aired on Star Plus, will go off air in September.
Asked about her future plans, Deepika said: “I would love to play some character like warrior princess Xena from American fantasy TV series Xena: Warrior Princess.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.