Fun to cook
It’s an hour-long cookery championship between two leading ladies from daily soaps that are aired on the same channel.Updated: Jun 16, 2010 13:29 IST
It’s an hour-long cookery championship between two leading ladies from daily soaps that are aired on the same channel.
Never mind that! But the contest is fun because it runs on the actual division of what goes into cooking: identifying a recipe, sorting ingredients and finally, getting down to the actual act of preparing the dish. Participants are divided into two teams and only one contestant from each team appears on the show, each day.
The judge is a chef who also doubles up as a poet. Ronit Roy plays host to the participating ladies and visibly has a lot of fun. The women are allowed to pass running commentaries to pull each other down. In the actual act of cooking, they’re allowed to take help from the three women, that each of them are provided.
What we like
* Cooking becomes a lot more fun with identifiable faces
* The idea of mixing a game with cooking is laudable
* The host is good at his job
* One gets a chance to go through the recipe and take it down for actual use
And don’t like
* The women’s constant commentary could have been left out.
* The behind-the-scene shots dealing with what happened in a particular section of the show is boring
* The chef doesn’t provide any tips of his own, which is what everyone usually looks forward to in a cookery show
First Published: Jun 16, 2010 13:28 IST