Game of Thrones season 8: From feeding Ramsay to dogs to Lord Baelish’s execution, revisit Sansa Stark’s 5 best moments
Game of Thrones’ eighth and final season is just around the corner and fans cannot wait to see their favourite characters fight for their lives and for the throne. From Daenerys Targaryen to Tyrion Lannister, fans are placing their bets on who will finally rule over Westeros.
In this fight between the fans, one name has emerged as the new favourite: Sansa Stark. The eldest Stark daughter, played by Sophie Turner, was subjected to a lot of hate from fans in the earlier season for her selfish, snobbish temperament. But through the seven seasons, she made sure to learn from the treacherous people around her and still did not let the evil consume her good heart. Every time we thought she would give in to selfishness or make bad decisions, she surprised us.
Sansa was dealt a bad hand at every turn. First, she fell for the insufferable King Joffrey and had to live under the constant gaze of his mother, Queen Cersei. Then, she was forced to marry Tyrion which perhaps brought her a few days of relief. Later, she was manipulated by Lord Baelish and then sold to the most villainous villain ever, Ramsay Bolton.
But through all of these hopeless situations, year after year, she survived, either by suffering silently, making the right friends, fleeing on the first opportunity and most importantly, by learning from everything that life threw at her.
In the last season, she showed wisdom beyond her years when she joined forces with her sister Arya and brought down the one serpent who sparked the fire which burned her whole house down: Lord Baelish. Right now, Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell and perhaps more suited to ruling than her brother, Jon Snow. But she has a new challenge facing her in the new season. She will have to prepare her people for a battle to ends all battles as the Night King comes knocking on her door. While many would consider her unsuited to face an enemy so powerful and without any skills to save herself, it will be worth finding out how she takes on this challenge.
Before the season kicks off on April 14, here are the five best Sansa Stark scenes to remind you of all that she has been through and how she emerged victorious in spite of it.
Sansa sees her father’s head on a spike
I’m going to give you a present. After I raise my armies and kill your traitor brother, I’m going to give you his head as well.
Or maybe he’ll give me yours.
Sansa meets Jon
Can you forgive me?
There is nothing to forgive.
Sansa begs Theon for help
It can’t get any worse.
It can. It can always be worse.
Sansa feeds Ramsay to the dogs
Your house will disappear. Your name will disappear. All memory of you will disappear.
Sansa orders Lord Baelish’s execution.
How do you answer these charges, Lord Baelish?
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.
- Aditya Narayan tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Shweta Agarwal back in December. She took to Instagram and shared a never-before-seen photo from the wedding.