Histrionics v/s ghosts
Show: Kali-Ek Agnipareeksha
Time: 11 pm, weekdays
Station: Star Plus
Cast: Ashutosh Rana
It’s Rachna’s (Swati Kapoor) struggle against a powerful, wealthy and lecherous business tycoon Thakral (Ashutosh Rana), who commits crimes at the drop of a hat.
He molests the girl, a popular and ambitious badminton player, who doesn’t take the crime silently. She revolts and gets him arrested. The drama begins.
Rana plays just any character with élan. This show gets points for its casting, the pace of the story telling, Kapoor and Rana’s superb performance, who plays his part effortlessly.
It loses points for the time slot in which the show airs. Also, the story has a familiar feel of films in the 1980s and ’90s.
What we like
Watch the show for Ashutosh Rana
What we don’t like
One invariably ends up missing the show at 11 pm.
Show: The Chair
Time: 7 pm, sundays
Station: UTV Bindass
Cast: Meiyang Chang, challengers andeerie locations
Apart from throwing challengers into a spooky place, which has been made spookier for the game’s sake, the show subtly propagates that ghosts and spirits exist.
The last segment of the show is quite disturbing, because you’re being shown communication between live people and spirits.
Thankfully, a disclaimer runs on the bottom of the screen that says that a ‘professional’ has performed the act. Yeah, right.
The Chair comes on air once a week on Sundays, when people are mentally preparing to go back to work the next morning. As far as finding a chair in the dark eerie places is concerned, it’s a cool game. But the latter part of the show could have been avoided. Not fun!
What we like
The idea of exploring spooky places in the country.
What we don’t like
Indirect propaganda on spirits and ghosts.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.